Smart Simple and Cost Effective Slide Scanning System with AI
Our BioScan-i600A is the first inverted slide scanning system which is smart and simple to use. An inverted slide scanning system is a setup designed for digitizing pathology, histology, hematology, mineralogy or geology slides into digital format. It typically involves an inverted microscopy system with multiple objective lenses and automated XYZ that allows you to capture high-resolution images of the slides and save them as digital files.
Here’s a general overview of how this inverted slide scanning system works:
- Slide Holder: The system usually includes a slide holder or tray that securely holds the slides in place during the scanning process. The holder is designed to accommodate multiple slides simultaneously. You can have a combination of standard 25x75mm or 1x3in glass slides. Normally it takes up to four 25x75mm or two 50x75mm. A combination of these two and custom slide holder is also available.
- Inverted vs Upright: The system allows putting the slides on a large stage in an inverted position, i.e. a coverslip facing down rather than up. Objective lenses are from the bottom of the stage allowing a plenty of space for micro-manipulation, micro-injection and automation of slide feeding.
- Imaging modes: the default imaging mode is brightfield. You can easily upgrade it to phase contrast, 3d contrast module, polarization and epi-fluorescence (that requires configuring during the order not later).
- Camera: The system is offered with several types of cameras, from 2MP to 32MP.
- Digital Conversion: all standard types of the image are offered: .jpg, .tiff, .bmp, etc.
- Software: scanning can be done quickly and you have option to let the SW do only scanning or scanning and stitching together. More features of the SW is coming up.