Custom Design of A Miniature Incubator /Chamber for Automated Upright Microscope BMU450A
Here we describe how to make a custom miniature incubator or chamber for an upright automated/manual biological/industrial microscope. The chamber allows control of temperature in the base, lid and objective lens, cooling and/or heating, humidity and CO2/O2 and most importantly scanning a big area of a sample such as one or two 35mm petri-dishes, well plate, chamber slides and so on, in an automated mode while the chamber is fully closed. Here we discuss some challenges during the development in terms of how to fit this chamber to the microscope and meet all requirements of having a closed chamber for a motorized stage.SKU: n/a
IncuScope IS250 Incubator Microscope with 10x, 25x, 40x Phase Contrast and Fluorescence
- Fits inside an incubator or a hood.
- Quadruple nosepiece, 10x, 25x and 40x Ph (and FL) with optional lenses of 2x-150x, total magnifications of 100x-400x extendable to 20x-3000x (without digital zooming).
- 2.3MP Color USB3.0 High-Sensitive Camera, C-mount adapter and calibration slide makes the imaging bundle so professional
- A trinocular head to use the scope in a classical way
- USB 3.0 connections for camera and LED Control
- LED Control via manual controller and software
- Light off during the waiting time, i.e. digit shutter to avoid photobleaching and phototoxicity
- IncuView Software for LED Control (intensity, turn on/off), video or time-lapse imaging and merging channels
9-, 5- or 3-Channel LED Fluorescence Illumination Attachment BIA-FL-IS9
- LED fluorescence attachment
- Up to 5 channels of standard or custom wavelengths from UV to IR and NIR
- Standard 3-channel: UV, Blue and Green excitations, suitable for Dapi/Hoechst, GFP/Alexa Fluor 488, RFP/TRITC/mCherry/Texas Red.
- A 5W LED illumination
- Comes with touch-pad to select and turn up/down the LED intensity
- An adapter for Zeiss, Nikon, Leica, Olympus and custom microscopes of inverted, upright or stereo type.
- Optional LED control software for advanced live cell imaging
Live Cell Imaging
Live cell imaging is the study of the life of living cells / organisms using a time-lapse video microscopy in which the cells are kept at the closest conditions to a regular laboratory incubator. Live cell imaging is used by scientists and researchers to obtain a better understanding of dynamic events occur at cellular level under microscope.
What do you need to have to be able to get clear, stable and long-term images of your cells?
There are two approaches:
1. Use a classical microscope, camera and mount a miniature incubator / chamber on the microscope and also provide a gas, temperature and humidity;
2. Use an Incubator Microscope which is small enough to keep inside a laboratory incubator, for instance IncuScope.
For most of the live cell imaging using the classical method, you will need at least these items beside a great microscope and camera:
- A microscope
- A Camera
- A physical chamber, in which you can culture your cells. The chamber should allow easily installation and removal of the cell culture in a container such as well-plate, petri-dish, tissue culture flasks, micro-slide etc.
- A gas supplier, which can be a digital or analog gas mixer which provides the gas for your cells. The types include a mixed of CO2 and air, and mixed of CO2, O2, and N2.
- A temperature controller, which allows to control temperature inside the chamber, outside the chamber and also surrounding the objective lenses to avoid drift focus (otherwise you will see blurry images due to ambient temperature fluctuation over time).
- A gas humidifier, this is simply a flow of premixed gas passes through water in a closed system.
- A glass-bottom dish or plate
- Lens Heater, to keep the lens not affected from the room temperature fluctuations.
- Shutter, to block the light if you do not need it during the waiting time and also avoid photobleaching and phototoxicity.
- A phenol-free medium
In this category, you can find Live Cell Imaging Chambers, Miniature Incubators,Heating stage, Digital gas mixer, Temperature control, Objective lens heater, etc; Customized for all brands of fluorescent & confocal microscopes.
Still have a question, use this Live Cell Imaging Selection Questionnaire.